Cello and Double Bass Lessons, Coaching and Performance Preparation.
Whether you’ve been wanting to pick up an instrument, are returning after an absence, or want to take your playing to the next level, I can help. Beginner to advanced, all levels and all ages are welcome. Adult beginners are a specialty.
- Private Studios near Raleigh Hills, SW Portland, and Agate Beach, Newport OR.
- Other locations depending on demand and availability.
- In-home lessons by special arrangement.
- Emphasis on creativity and all-around musicianship, as well as developing good technique and posture.
- Certified O’Connor Method Cello/Bass/Orchestra teacher; background in English grade system; many years experience and training with Suzuki and other methodologies.
- Lessons include traditional European/Suzuki/O’Connor methods, materials and philosophies, customized to students’ learning styles and musical interests and goals.
- Lessons incorporate basic music history and theory, ear training and improvisation, listening recommendations, practice tips and instrument care, as well as custom arrangements and exercises.
- Classical, rock, Celtic, new age, bluegrass, blues…
- Experiment with electric cello and/or bass and loop pedal.
- Group lessons offered for enrolled students depending on demand and availability. Read about group lessons here.
- Lesson rates depend on duration and location, please contact me for details.
- Discounts available for regular weekly lessons with monthly prepayment*.
- Weekly and bi-weekly schedules available, and other arrangements may be possible (e.g. in-home lessons, occasional lessons for busy adults), please inquire.
- 24-hours notice required for cancellations.
See Finding Your First Cello or Bass for advice on finding an instrument for your lessons.